Brenda comes up ‘Trumps’ at Brugha AGM!
This week saw the 85th Annual General Meeting of the Cathal Brugha Club at which Officers presented their reports, our Constitution was updated and a new Club Committee was elected. However this particular AGM was a milestone in our Clubs history with former Treasurer Brenda Monaghan being elected as our first ever female President.
Brenda, who has overseen the management of our Club finances for many years and is the mother of established senior players Orla and Tiernan, was elected to her Presidential role with unanimous applause.
Congratulations Brenda and also well done to everyone volunteering in any capacity within the Cathal Brugha Club. Listed below are Officers elected to our incoming Club Committee and other Officers appointed at the AGM:
- President: Brenda Monaghan
- Chair: Gerry O’Neill
- Secretary: Amy Ross
- Treasurer: Phil Kelly
- Club Captain: Chris Hodgkinson
- Club Captain: Orla Monaghan
- Registrations Secretary (& Designated Officer): Wally Clarke
- Director of Coaching: Ciaran McGurk
- Director of Marketing & Communications: Vacant
- Parent Liaison Officer: Vacant (New position)
- Ulster Water Polo Representatives: Gerry Fitzsimmons & Adrian Hanna (Sen)
- Bookings Officer: Chris Hodgkinson
- Social Media Officer: Phil Kelly
- Club Children’s Officers: Jake Marron & Julie Whelan
- Parent Rota Coordinators: Mark Watson & Paddy Carroll
Full list of all Officers is available on our 'Whos Who' page
There is always room for more volunteers so if you are interested in helping out in any capacity, simply approach any member of our Committee or just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Descriptions of Officer roles within Cathal Brugha are available from our website Downloads page (Item 27)